The following are the general idea of the personal items to be brought by a trekker to trek in Nepal. Personal items, in fact, are of individual interest, choice & luxury. Besides, the most important fact he/she must consider is the time of the year, trekking days, region & altitude.
- Hiking boots with some ankle support
- Training type shoes
- Flip - flop or slippers for use around the camp.
- Cotton shirts, T-shirts, jeans, etc. for day use.
- Socks and underwear - 4/5 that can be easily washed and dried on a daily basis.
- Trekking suits, light sweater, a windproof jacket or lightly padded jacket, down jacket
- Umbrella, sun hat, waterproof gear
In a supported trek, heavy items are carried by porters carry heavy personnel items the trekkers are required to carry minimum items only. They have to carry their personal belongings that might need during the daytime. So, they are briefed to pack their items in two different bags. In day pack In duffle bag
Moistening lotion Torch/flash light
Camera and spare films Spare batteries
Water bottle Washing soap
Trek permit/Conservation Needle and thread
Toilet paper Spare clothes